International students are highly encouraged to apply to Zlatarski International School of Sofia. Currently, our student community comprises of Bulgarian students and international students from Australia, the Czech Republic, China, Damascus, Hungary, India, Israel, Korea, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovenia, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
Applications from students coming from international schools or other schools outside Bulgaria are reviewed on a rolling, case-by-case basis. Interested students and their parents should get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance in order to ensure all conditions and requirements are met prior to their arrival in Sofia.
We are particularly encouraging applications from students who:
– are currently attenting International Schools abroad
– are following any of the these programmes: International Baccalaureate (PYP, MYP, DP), Cambridge Lower Secondary, Pre-GCSE, IGCSE, A levels, AP
– are internationally minded, mobile citizens
– are interested in studying in an international environment in Sofia, combining the richness of Bulgarian culture with international experience
Requirements for Admission
– Good academic performance as testified by the student’s academic transcripts from previous school/s attended
– Demonstrated English language proficiency
Applicants may be required to sit tests in English and Mathematics at Zlatarski International School of Sofia prior to admission in order for the school to establish the particular needs of such students. Students applying for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program will normally be asked to sit the school’s IB entry exam.
Transferring from an IB school abroad
Students who are at present studying at another IB world school and are interested in continuing their education at Zlatarski International School – the first and most experienced IB School in Bulgaria will be given priority under the school admission policy.
Interested in taking the IB Bulgarian A1 Self Taught?
Students who are currently attending IB schools abroad have the opportunity to take the IB Bulgarian A1 as a Self-Taught subject at Zlatarski International School of Sofia. Learn more.