Why is Zlatarski International School of Sofia a top international school in Bulgaria?
Our educational approach allows students to reach top academic results and to thrive socially. At Zlatarski International School of Sofia students’ exam results exceed world averages. We believe that students can achieve their best if they study in a challenging, rigorous and supportive school environment.
Here are some facts:
- One in three of our graduates go on to attend one of the world’s top 100 universities.
- 15% of our IB Diploma students achieved 40 points and above. These results are required to gain admission to the world’s elite universities, such as Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard and Stanford.
- Our students have achieved a score of 44 IB points out of 45 points. Only 2% of the students in the world have achieved this prestigious result.
- 40% of all IGCSE grades achieved by our students were A* or A. The percentage of our students achieving A* – C grades at I/GCSE has risen in the past 5 years.
Why do students from Bulgaria and around the world choose Zlatarski International School of Sofia?
• International school established since 1995
• Proved results in applications for universities
• High requirements for students
• Enthusiastic teachers, willing to work in a young environment
• Competitive environment
• Attention and care to every single student
• Experience and high results in teaching the IB Diploma Programme
• We apply our knowledge, teaching experience and administrative management in preparing Zlatarski students for successful university education in Bulgaria and abroad.
Why is Zlatarski International School the most experienced International Baccalaureate school in Bulgaria?
• The first institution in Bulgaria, member of the International Baccalaureate Organisation (since 2003)
• Experience in teaching International Baccalaureate subjects
• Qualified IB teachers
• Applicable subjects
• High exam results
• Offers from leading university the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States, etc.
What type of students is Zlatarski International School for?
• Motivated and ambitious students (11-18 year old), who look for quality education, accredited in Bulgaria and around the world.
• Students willing for excellent academic achievements.
• Active participants in the academic process with regular attendance
• Participants in Olympiads and other national competitions
• Participants in extracurricular activities: arts and sports.
• Young people with will to continue their education with degrees from top universities
• English and foreign languages (German, Spanish)
• Subjects taught in English
• Latin, civilizations and culture
• At the end of 10th grade students choose in either specialization: humanitarian, mathematics, social science and economics
• The curriculum covers the standards for secondary education in Bulgaria and acts as a preparation for the International Baccalaureate Diploma or A-level diploma.
• Preparation for university education with the IB Diploma or Bulgarian national diploma
• Extended Essay and exams in the IB Diploma Programme and A Levels
• Preparation for the Bulgarian Matura exams
• Meetings with University representatives
• College counseling
Studying at Zlatarski International School of Sofia
• Classes take place between 8.00am and 3.00pm o’clock
• Students are always at school in the morning – no afternoon classes
• All parents receive academic report cards on their children’s performance in class and discipline